Nut Butter Breakfast Bowl with Seasonal Fruit
Every morning for breakfast, I either have a loaded green smoothie, a toast piled high with leftovers, or a breakfast bowl. I usually make myself a breakfast bowl when I'm craving a sweet start to my day. I do a base of yogurt or chia pudding and top it off with tons of fruits, nuts and seeds. I created this version of my breakfast bowl every single day for a week while I was visiting London last month, and it was too delicious not to share!
For the Nut Butters (or store bought nut butters of choice)
· 1 cup raw, unsalted pistachios
· 1 cup blanched ha
For the Breakfast Bowl
· 1 cup coconut yogurt
· 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
· 1 tablespoon Coconut Flakes
· 1 teaspoon flax seeds
· 1 teaspoon raw honey
· 1 sliced Banana
· ¼ cup Blueberries
· ¼ cup sliced Grapes
· Seasonal fruit of choice such as Figs or apple
1. To make the nut butters, blend the pistachios and the hazelnuts separately in a food processor. The finished product for the pistachios will resemble a crumbly, “wet sand” consistency. The hazelnut butter will become smoother the longer it is processed. Reserve to sprinkle and dollop on top of the finished breakfast bowl.
2. Slice the fruit and heap into a bowl on top of the coconut yogurt. Sprinkle with the seeds and coconut flakes. Finish with the nut butters and a drizzle of raw honey.
** Homemade nut butters are easy to make if you have a food processor and much more delicious in my personal opinion. However, store bought is also great